Apple MacBook Pro Notebook 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5Apple MacBook Pro Notebook 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Apple MacBook Pro Notebook 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5Apple MacBook Pro Notebook 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
The 13.3″ MacBook Pro Notebook Computer with Retina Display from Apple is a powerful notebook computer with an innovative, ultrathin, ultraportable aluminum unibody design. It is loaded with advanced power management features and an integrated lithium polymer battery, which work together to provide up to 9 hours of wireless web browsing.
The widescreen, LED-backlit IPS screen has a glossy finish and a native resolution of 2560 x 1600. With 227 pixels per inch, this MacBook Pro has a pixel count of over 5 million. You’ll be able to output to 2 external displays at up to 2560 x 1600 via Thunderbolt 2 (Mini DisplayPort). Any Mini DisplayPort-compatible display will plug in without the need for an adapter. This MacBook Pro also adds an HDMI port so HDMI-compliant devices, particularly HDTVs, are now natively supported as well. Graphics are handled by integrated Intel Iris Graphics.
The system is powered by a dual-core 4th generation Haswell 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. The 4th-gen Haswell processor uses low voltage for improved battery life without sacrificing performance. The MacBook Pro with Retina Display also has 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, 128GB of PCIe-based flash storage and an SDXC media card slot. You’ll be able to connect to the Internet with high-speed 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The MacBook Pro also supports a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks as well. The MacBook Pro also features built-in Bluetooth 4.0, which allows you to connect wireless headphones, keyboard, mice and other compatible peripherals without a hassle.
This MacBook Pro has dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, a high-speed interface that can move data at an amazing 20 Gbps, which is four times that of the USB 3.0 standard. Speaking of USB 3.0, Apple still supports USB 3.0. This MacBook Pro now features two USB 3.0 ports so you no longer have to buy an adapter, but can use USB 3.0-compliant devices natively as well. There is also a MagSafe 2 power port, which uses a magnetic connector that safely disengages from the computer when accidentally pulled. Please note that MagSafe 2 is not compatible with MagSafe adapters.
The computer features a comfortable backlit chiclet-style keyboard, which features space between each key for improved accuracy and comfort when typing. It also sports a glass multi-touch trackpad with a clickable design. Rather than having a separate button for mouse clicks, the entire surface of the pad is clickable. This increases the active surface area and allows you to quickly click without having to maneuver to the bottom of the trackpad.
The trackpad also fully supports multi-touch gestures. You can tap the trackpad with one finger to click, tap with two fingers to right click, scroll through documents using two fingers, pinch to zoom, navigate through Safari or iPhoto with three-finger left and right swipes or use two fingers to rotate a photo or PDF.
The MacBook Pro comes with free versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. However, they do not come preinstalled so you’ll have to manually download them from the Mac App Store. Pages allow you to make creative word documents. Numbers helps you make spreadsheets more visually insightful. Keynote allows you to create a powerful presentation, complete with animated charts, interactive tables with cinematic effects and transitions.
The 64-bit Mac OS X features Time Machine backup, which automatically backs up system data to an external hard drive. It also features intuitive Cover Flow navigation, the powerful Spotlight search tool and Quick Look document preview. You’ll be able to use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac, if needed.
- Retina Display
- The 13.3″ display of this MacBook Pro features over 5 million pixels. The pixel density is so high your eyes won’t be able to discern individual pixels. Now with a 2560 x 1600 native resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. The Retina display also reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle.
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i5 processor with a state-of-the-art 22-nanometer single-die microarchitecture in this MacBook Pro provides fast dual-core performance. Intel Hyper-Threading technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. The dual cores can run at a stock speed of 2.6 GHz. The processor can be overclocked up to 3.1 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache and 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM memory, this MacBook Pro can run professional applications like Aperture and Final Cut Pro with ease.
- Integrated Intel Iris Graphics
- This MacBook Pro features integrated Intel Iris graphics, which is perfect for both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two.
- All Flash Storage
- This MacBook Pro feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to its PCIe-based flash storage, which gives you up to 60 percent faster read and write performance than its predecessor. When you use apps like Final Cut Pro or Aperture, you can perform even the most demanding tasks right from your internal storage. And since this MacBook Pro comes with 256GB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you, including large video and photo libraries. Flash doesn’t have any moving parts, which makes it reliable and quiet. And flash storage is extremely energy efficient, which means your MacBook Pro also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month without having to be plugged in.
- Long-Lasting Battery
- The built-in lithium polymer battery provides up to 9 hours on a single charge (battery life may vary upon use) and gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles as well as up to 30 days of instant-on standby time. Which means you can put your MacBook Pro to sleep, and it’ll come back on instantly – after a day, a week, or even a month. With Power Nap, your MacBook Pro can continue to receive email and calendar invitations while it’s asleep. And when it’s connected to a power source, it can download software updates and make backups with Time Machine. So the next time you open your notebook, your MacBook Pro is updated and ready to go.
- Thunderbolt 2
- The new MacBook Pro features the next-gen Thunderbolt 2. It delivers twice the throughput, providing up to 20 Gbps of bandwidth to each external device. So you’re more than ready for the next generation of high-performance peripherals and displays. You can connect massive amounts of storage and add a PCI expansion chassis. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can go all out by plugging in up to 12 external devices via Thunderbolt alone.
- HDMI, USB 3.0, SDXC
- The MacBook Pro with Retina Display also has dual USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port and an SDXC card slot, so you can build an entire professional studio with the MacBook Pro as its centerpiece.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- With an emphasis on mobile, the MacBook Pro with Retina Display is equipped with 802.11ac Wi?Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. With AirPlay and Apple TV, you can wirelessly play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your MacBook Pro on your widescreen TV. And when your MacBook Pro connects to an 802.11ac Wi?Fi base station, such as AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule, your wireless performance is up to three times faster.
- Audio and Visual
- For something so thin and light, the built-in speakers have a surprisingly wide dynamic range, an optimal balance and a crisp, expressive quality. Dual built-in microphones are great for when you want to be heard. If you’re making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice instead of the noise around you.
- Multi-Touch Trackpad and Backlit Keyboard
- In Mac OS X, Multi-Touch is an essential part of how you interact with your Mac. Using realistic, intuitive gestures, you can switch between apps, navigate your content and get the most out of your desktop space. The MacBook Pro features a Multi-Touch trackpad with a large, all-glass button surface. So you can tap, pinch, swipe and click away comfortably. Thin and light, this notebook is designed to go anywhere, including places with less-than-stellar lighting. A built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard brightness automatically.
- iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents and more from which ever device you’re on. So you’ll be able to access your photos, reminders, notes, music and videos from your iOS devices right on this MacBook Pro.
- Retina-Ready Software
- Apple has updated their native apps to take advantage of the beautiful Retina display on this MacBook Pro. Mac OS X apps such as Safari, Mail, iCal, Address Book and more as well as iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes, Aperture and Final Cut Pro have already been optimized.
- Incredibly Powerful
- It may be thin and light, but this MacBook Pro is also incredibly powerful. To achieve all that in a single design required relentless focus and a willingness to make bold decisions. Bulky legacy technologies like the spinning hard drive and optical disc drive were left behind in favor of higher-performance technologies – all-flash storage, for example. It’s much faster and far more reliable than a traditional hard drive. And it takes up 90 percent less space.
- A Display of Excellence
- The Retina display is a breakthrough – any way you look at it. Apple pushed the limits of technology to create a pixel density so high, you can see everything you’re doing with perfect clarity and make edits with pinpoint accuracy. Not only is it the highest-resolution display ever on a notebook, it has a more integrated design that achieves a level of fit and finish never before possible. This Retina display doesn’t sit behind a layer of glass, it is the glass. Which means you get all the benefits of a state-of-the-art display – vibrant colors, high contrast, and wide viewing angles – with very little glare. So there’s more to see, and even less to distract you from your work.
- Precisely Engineered
- This MacBook Pro features high-efficiency fans. The asymmetrically spaced impeller blades with back and side airflow vents work together to move the maximum amount of air while reducing tonal impact. The custom, built-in stereo speakers provide high-fidelity sound and a wide dynamic range and better bass response. The dual microphones are precisely oriented under the speaker grille and use an adaptive beam-forming algorithm to reduce background noise and optimize performance.